Monday, October 13, 2008

lucky.

A friend recently read a passage for me from one of his favorite books and reminded me of how lucky I am. Here are some of a million things that I'm feeling particularly lucky for at this moment:

  • my health.
  • water. it flows out of my faucet hot or cold when ever I want and I can drink it! as much as I want whenever I want.
  • my hearing. I cannot imagine life without ever hearing laughter, music or ocean waves.
  • my sight. for every beautiful and ugly thing I see every second of every day.

  • my freedom & autonomy as an American woman. I can live alone, chose to get married or not, have kids or not. I can work and vote and drive. I can eat what I want, wear what I want, read and watch what I want. Screw who I want. I can drink; I can curse. I am woman; hear me roar.
  • humor. I most definitely would have died a long time ago with out it.




the technological advances in my lifetime. I don't know how any of this shit works and I don't know how I ever lived without it.











  •  tampons. seriously!








No comments: